This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan ranch dressing recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, oil free, no mayo and tastes better than store-bought! In addition, it's gluten free, soy free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
After you make it, you’ll be shocked how it tastes better than the regular ranch with dairy so be warned! This vegan ranch dressing recipe makes an amazing veggie dip but also perfect for dipping buffalo cauliflower, making buffalo cauliflower sandwich or topping vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos!
This dairy-free ranch uses cashews like my vegan chipotle sauce, sour cream, vegan buffalo chicken dip, hollandaise sauce, vegan white sauce, cashew garlic sauce, vegan cashew pesto or caesar dressing recipes so it makes it very creamy and satisfying! Since it doesn't contain any vegan mayo, it's also totally plant-based just like my vegan avocado ranch dressing!
You can also make it as meal prep and use it throughout the week. When you try this homemade vegan ranch, you will not be missing the regular one!
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
Can vegans eat ranch?
Traditional ranch dressing recipes usually call for a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream so they are typically made with dairy. Since we will be using soaked cashews and no mayo, it will be vegan friendly!
How do you make vegan ranch dressing recipe
You will need to make sure the cashews are not roasted or salted because that will change the taste. I usually buy raw cashews in bulk online since I find it cheaper than the stores.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Since ranch dressing has a tangy flavor, we will be adding some apple cider vinegar. Every ingredient has a purpose in this recipe so I recommend not omitting or subbing.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives this sauce a tangy flavor so I don't recommend omitting it. I don't recommend using a bottle version either because I don't think it tastes fresh.
Garlic and Onion Powder
Instead of using garlic or onions, we will be using garlic and onion powder. Because it will give the flavor but it won't be overpowering.
Another ingredient that provides a little tangy flavor but gives depth. Make sure to use good quality brown mustard because it makes a difference in taste!
I usually use pink himalayan salt in my recipes but you can use sea salt. Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed.
Fresh dill gives this recipe a very unique taste so I don't recommend skipping it or subbing for dry dill. It may seem like a lot of dill but it doesn't taste overpowering. You can also add less to start with and adjust to taste.
How to make it
- First, you will need to soak the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes and then drain. If you do not have a high-speed blender, you will need to soak them overnight so they blend easier and make it creamy.
- Next, you will need to add the rinsed and drained cashews and the rest of the ingredients (except dill) into the blender. Now, you will blend the ingredients until very smooth and creamy.
- After you have reached the desired consistency, you will add the dill and pulse for a few times until combined. You do not want to blend it too much when you add the dill because it will turn green.
Is ranch dressing healthy?
Traditional store-bought ranch dressing may contain unnecessary ingredients. However, when you make dairy-free ranch dressing with whole food ingredients, I think it’s a healthier choice because you know what is in it.
How to use vegan ranch dressing
There are so many ways to use this dip but here are some ideas:
- Serve it with pizza or veggie burger.
- Dip veggies or buffalo cauliflower , make buffalo cauliflower sandwich and top buffalo cauliflower tacos.
- Add it to salads like buffalo cauliflower salad
- Make sure to blend it until very smooth because of the cashew pieces and other small ingredients.
- After blending, place it in the fridge for an hour so it will be cold and get thicker.
- If the recipe is too thick, add more water to use it as a salad dressing.
- Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
How to store homemade vegan ranch dressing recipe
You can store this dip in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week. You may need to add a little bit of water if the consistency got very thick.
This homemade recipe comes together in 20 minutes and it is very easy. It is also:
- Gluten free, Soy free, Dairy free and Oil free
- Better than store-bought
- Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant-based sauces & dips to try
- BEST TAHINI SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- VEGAN AVOCADO CREMA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- BEST CREAMY HUMMUS RECIPE (EASY & OIL-FREE!)
- GREEK SALAD DRESSING RECIPE (HOMEMADE & EASY)
- CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE (EASY & CREAMY)
- TARTAR SAUCE
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan ranch dressing recipe is the best because it is so easy to make, oil-free, no mayo and tastes better than store-bought! It's gluten-free, soy-free, healthy, creamy, and quick to make.
- Soak the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak them overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Add the rinsed and drained cashews and the rest of the ingredients (except dill) into the blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- After you reached the desired consistency, add the dill and pulse for a few times until combined.
- Serve right away or place it in the fridge for 1 hour for a thicker consistency.
When you add the dill into the blender, don't blend too much because it will turn green.
If the recipe is too thick, add more water to use it as a salad dressing.
Always adjust to taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 264.1mg
- Fat: 9.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan ranch dressing, vegan ranch, dairy-free ranch dressing, cashew ranch dressing, homemade ranch dressing