This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan sriracha mayo recipe is so easy to make and also perfect for spreading on sandwiches, dipping roasted potatoes, vegan potato cakes, vegan corn fritters or crab cakes! In addition, this sriracha mayo is gluten free, spicy, creamy, quick to make and is the best!
This dairy free and egg free recipe is made with homemade vegan aquafaba mayo just like my garlic aioli and thousand island dressing recipes and also lots of sriracha hot sauce! If you don't want to make your own vegan mayo, you can use store-bought as well.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
Is Sriracha mayo vegan?
Most sriracha brands are vegan but mayonnaise is not vegan because it's made from eggs. We will be using vegan mayo so it will be egg free!
What is vegan Sriracha mayo made of?
I make homemade mayo from aquafaba so that's what I use. You can also buy vegan mayonnaise at the store.
Some brands may not be vegan so make sure to check it. You can also add more or less depending on your preference.
I like using garlic powder because raw garlic can be overpowering. You can also adjust the measurement to your liking!
Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives this sauce a tangy flavor so I don't recommend omitting it. I don't recommend using a bottle version either because I don't think it tastes fresh.
You should just start with a pinch of salt and then adjust to taste. You might end up adding too much salt if the mayo is already salty so keep that in mind.
How to make it
- All you have to do is to add all the ingredients in a bowl and then mix it well. But always adjust to taste and make the adjustment if needed! You can serve it right away or place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- You can add a ½ tsp apple cider vinegar for a tangy flavor.
- Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
How to serve vegan sriracha sauce
- Dip fishless crab cakes
- Spread it on black bean quinoa burger or sweet potato sushi roll
- Dip roasted potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes
- Also, add it to sandwiches, BBQ Jackfruit pizza or wraps
How to store it
You can store it in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days. When it gets colder, it will also get thicker.
This homemade sriracha sauce comes together in less than 5 minutes and also it is very easy. It is also:
- Perfect for many plant based dishes
- Smooth and Ultra Creamy
- Also so delicious!
MORE plant based sauces & dips to try
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This homemade vegan sriracha mayo recipe is so easy to make and perfect for spreading on sandwiches. It's gluten free, creamy and quick to make.
- ½ cup homemade vegan aquafaba mayo (sub for store-bought vegan mayo)
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well. Adjust to taste and make the adjustment if needed.
- Serve it right away or place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Add a ½ tsp apple cider vinegar for a tangy flavor.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 217.3mg
- Fat: 27.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan sriracha sauce, sriracha mayo, dairy free sriracha mayo