This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This homemade vegan strawberry milkshake smoothie is easy, healthy, and also made without ice cream! In addition, it's naturally sweetened, made with just 5 ingredients, and quick to make.
You will not believe how easy it is to make dairy free and also gluten free strawberry milkshake at home. It is a creamy, thick, refreshing summer treat but it's not full of refined sugar.
Coconut milk makes this vegan milkshake very creamy like a smoothie and also gives a delicious taste! I love strawberries as you can tell from my strawberry sorbet or no bake strawberry cheesecake so this recipe is a perfect addition.
But, before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make vegan strawberry milkshake
They provide so much flavor and also sweetness. In addition, they are cheaper than buying fresh berries so it's perfect for this healthy treat.
We will be adding unsweetened canned coconut milk (full-fat) to make this homemade vegan milkshake because it makes it so creamy. You can sub for light coconut milk but it may not be as creamy. You can also use almond milk if you don't like the coconut taste.
Ripe frozen bananas are another great way to add creaminess and also sweetness. You can even make banana ice cream from frozen bananas so it gives that ice cream taste without adding ice cream!
Maple syrup gives this a sweetness but it doesn't make it overly sweet. Also, feel free to adjust the amount and add more if you find the recipe not sweet enough.
Vanilla extract (optional)
Adding a little bit of vanilla extract makes it feel like a dessert so I recommend adding it. But feel free to omit it if you like.
How to make vegan strawberry milkshake smoothie
- First, you will need to put the frozen strawberries, coconut milk, frozen banana, vanilla extract, and maple syrup into a high-speed blender. And then blend until creamy and smooth. That's it!
Tips & Variations
- Add another sweetener of choice instead of maple syrup.
- Adjust the sweetness and make it sweeter if you prefer.
- You can add a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice for a tangy flavor.
- Also, try adding shredded coconut and sliced fresh strawberries on top for serving.
It takes less than 1 minute to make this quick, dairy-free, and also versatile homemade vegan milkshake recipe. It is also:
- And delicious!
So, did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, Selin
More healthy dairy free sweet recipes like this
- PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS (HEALTHY & NO BAKE)
- HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA (HEALTHY & EASY)
- VEGAN ENERGY BALLS (NO BAKE & OIL-FREE)
- VEGAN KEY LIME PIE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- GRANOLA BARS RECIPE (NO BAKE & HEALTHY)
- NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BARS
- NO BAKE BROWNIES
This homemade vegan strawberry milkshake smoothie is easy, healthy, and made without ice cream! It's naturally sweetened, made with just 5 ingredients, and quick to make.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the frozen strawberries, coconut milk, frozen banana, vanilla extract and maple syrup into a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately with preferred toppings.
Add another sweetener of choice instead of maple syrup.
Adjust the sweetness and make it sweeter.
Add a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice for a tangy flavor.
Top with shredded coconut and sliced fresh strawberries for serving.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 21.9g
- Sodium: 17.4mg
- Fat: 24.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41.8g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan strawberry milkshake, vegan strawberry smoothie, dairy free strawberry milkshake