This homemade vegan teriyaki sauce recipe is simple, quick, and also so easy to make! It's gluten free and perfect for stir fry or vegan teriyaki noodles!
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot or corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium tamari (sub for low sodium soy sauce if not gf)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- In a large bowl, add the arrowroot or cornstarch and water, mix really well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and whisk it until you don't have any clumps.
- Transfer the sauce into a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes until it thickens while stirring. Serve immediately or store for later.
If the sauce is too thick, add more water slowly.
If the sauce is not thick enough, continue cooking until it thickens.
Always adjust to taste and add salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 377.7mg
- Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade teriyaki sauce, easy teriyaki sauce, teriyaki sauce, best teriyaki sauce