This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This vegan white bean kale salad is healthy, simple, and also so easy to make! In addition, it's gluten free, customizable, and made with quinoa and dates!
It is perfect to enjoy by itself, as a side dish, or make a batch because it's a crowd-pleaser! It is also light and refreshing for summers but full of flavor.
Since I love eating a large bowl of healthy and hearty salads like my caesar salad, quinoa tabbouleh, kale avocado salad, buffalo cauliflower salad or white bean salad, this white bean kale salad with quinoa is right up my alley. It comes together quickly so it's perfect for a healthy lunch.
The best part is that kale is hardy so it doesn't get soggy. The easy and light dressing makes this dish so flavorful too.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan White Bean Kale Salad
We will be massaging it so it will be soft. If you prefer, you can use baby kale since it will have a milder flavor.
You can really use any kind of white beans you like but I usually use Great Northern or Cannellini beans. Make sure to rinse and drain the can well so it doesn't get soggy in the salad.
I love kale and quinoa salad because adding quinoa makes it very filling. It works great as a hearty salad!
Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
Pepitas provide a crunch element but you can use sunflower seeds instead. You can also add roasted pine nuts for even more flavor.
Dates are amazing in salads if you have never tried them because they make it sweet. I prefer using Medjool dates because they are soft and delicious but you can use a different kind if you like.
Roasted Red Pepper & Black Olives
I usually have a jar of roasted red peppers in my pantry because they are so flavorful. We'll also be adding black olives for a salty bite.
My go-to salad dressing for this dish is a combination of lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. We will massage the dressing into the kale so it will be coated really well.
How to make it
- First, you'll start by cooking the quinoa in a small pot and cool. In the meantime, you can chop the kale, dates, kalamata olives and roasted red pepper into small pieces.
- Next, you can make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Now, add the kale into a large bowl, pour half of the dressing over the kale and then massage the kale for 30 seconds until soft.
- Now, you can add the rest of the ingredients and then pour over the rest of the dressing, mix well.
Tips & Variations
- Try adding vegan feta cheese for a salty bite.
- You can also add avocado for a creamy salad.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
What to Serve White Bean Kale Salad with?
- Pair with a healthy soup such as red lentil or split pea soup
- Make it a meal by adding falafel
- Serve with some vegan crab cakes
How long does white bean kale salad last in the fridge?
You can store this kale, quinoa and white bean salad covered, in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
This healthy recipe comes together so fast and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Plant based & Gluten free
- Simple & Filling
- Flavorful & Healthy
- Also so delicious!
More plant based recipes to try
- PASTA SALAD (EASY & QUICK)
- ORANGE CAULIFLOWER
- VEGAN SESAME CHICKEN
- TIKKA MASALA
- CHICKPEA MEATBALLS
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This vegan white bean kale salad is healthy, simple, and so easy to make! It's gluten free, customizable, and made with quinoa and dates!
White Bean Kale Salad
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch (~5 cups) kale (chopped)
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white beans (rinsed & drained)
- 6 dates (pitted & chopped)
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives (chopped)
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers (chopped)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon or brown mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa, transfer it to a small pot. Add the water to the pot and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes until quinoa is tender. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In the meantime, chop the kale, dates, kalamata olives and roasted red pepper into small pieces. In a small bowl, add the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and salt. Whisk it well to combine.
- Add the kale into a large bowl, pour half of the dressing over the kale. Massage the kale for 30 seconds until soft.
- To the massaged kale, add the cooked quinoa, navy beans, dates, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers and pumpkin seeds. Add the rest of the dressing and toss until mixed well and combined.
Try adding vegan feta cheese for a salty bite.
Add avocado for a creamy salad.
Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 364
- Sodium: 361.3mg
- Fat: 17g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48.2g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan white bean salad, kale and quinoa salad, kale salad with dates