This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This Mediterranean vegan white bean salad recipe is healthy, simple, and also easy to make! In addition, it's gluten-free, customizable, made from canned beans and perfect for meal-prep or summer weeknight dinners and lunches!
This lemony vegan salad is perfect to enjoy by itself, as a side dish or bring to a potluck because it's a crowd-pleaser! Light and refreshing for summers but full of flavors with cherry tomato and roasted red peppers.
Since I love eating a big bowl of healthy and hearty salads like my quinoa tabbouleh, Mediterranean quinoa salad, chickpea avocado or pasta salad, this white bean salad is right up my alley. It even tastes even better the next day because the beans are marinated with a delicious dressing.
The best part is that this cold white bean salad can be made ahead of time so it's great for weekly meal prep just like my vegan white bean chili or white bean dip. The easy and light dressing with tahini makes this dish healthy, creamy and also quick.
Before we jump into the recipe, let's talk about how you can customize it and learn some tips.
How to make Vegan White Bean Salad
I used cannellini beans because they are very creamy and work great in this recipe. However, you can really use any kind of white beans you have such as Great Nothern, navy, or butter beans.
Roasted Red Peppers (Sub for Bell Peppers)
Roasted red peppers give this vegan white bean salad so much flavor and also add a great texture. But you can sub for chopped bell peppers for more of a crunch if you prefer.
Cherry tomatoes work great because they are so fresh and juicy. They are also the perfect bite-size and bring so much flavor.
For salads, I always prefer to use red onions because I find they hold up well and taste great. You can also use white and yellow onions or try adding green onions (scallions).
Fresh parsley gives this salad a very unique taste but you can sub for cilantro. You can also add kale to change up the flavors.
My go-to dressing for this dish is a combination of tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red wine vinegar and salt because it makes it so creamy. But you can play around and with the flavors and always adjust to taste.
How to make it
This recipe is very easy to make so it will become your go-to lunch or dinner!
- First, you will need to rinse and drain the canned beans.
- Now, chop up all the veggies into small pieces. And then make the dressing by mixing the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Now, you can add the beans and all the veggies into a large mixing bowl. Last, add the dressing to the bowl and mix well. That's it!
Tips & Variations
- This recipe tastes the best when you let the flavors marinate so I recommend letting it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before enjoying it.
- Use any white beans you like.
- If the dressing is too thick, you can add more water to thin it out.
- Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
Can you use dry beans for White bean Salad?
Yes, you can cook the dry beans in the Instant Pot or stovetop and then add it to the salad. But keep in mind, it will take a lot longer to make this recipe.
How to serve this white bean salad
- Serve it as a side dish to other plant-based Mediterranean dishes like falafel or falafel bowl.
- Pair it with red lentil soup and bread.
How long does it last in the fridge?
You can store this salad covered, in the fridge for up to 5 to 6 days. But make sure to mix it before eating it.
This healthy recipe comes together so fast and it is very easy and versatile. It is also:
- Vegan & Gluten-free
- Simple & Filling
- Flavorful & Healthy
- Perfect for meal prep or weeknight dinners and lunches
- Also so delicious!
More plant-based recipes to try
- VEGAN MEATBALLS RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE & EASY)
- LENTIL BOLOGNESE (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
- VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE (EASY & GLUTEN-FREE)
- PASTA SALAD (EASY & QUICK)
- VEGETABLE PAELLA
So, did you make this? I’d love for you to leave a comment and rate the recipe. You can also share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest and tag me on Instagram using @avocadocentric or #avocadocentric! xo, SelinPrint
This Mediterranean vegan white bean salad recipe is healthy, simple, and easy to make! It's gluten-free, customizable, made from canned beans and perfect for meal-prep or summer weeknight dinners and lunches!
White Bean Salad
- 2 cans cannellini beans (sub for other white beans)
- ¼ red onion (diced)
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- ⅓ cup roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 to 4 tbsp water to thin
- Rinse and drain the canned beans.
- Chop up all the vegetables. In a small bowl, add tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, red wine vinegar and water (start with 2 tbsp of water) and mix well. Add more water if the dressing is too thick.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, onion, cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and parsley. Pour the dressing into the bowl and mix well.
For better flavor, let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before eating.
Use any white beans you like such as great northern, butter or navy beans.
If the dressing is too thick, add more water to thin it out.
Always adjust to taste, add more salt if needed!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 744.2mg
- Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.8g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Bean Salad, White Bean Salad, Mediterranean Bean Salad, Vegan Bean Salad